Day 79: Washington DC


Advertisement
Published: July 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we were up bright and early again at 6am to head in to the Whitehouse. We had an early breakie at our motel and left hoping that we could find our way to where we were headed. Making it at 7am we joined a very large queue of ppl all there for the 7.30 tour. We went through some serious security to get in and werent allowed anything except cellphones that were tyurned off and UMBRELLAS! haha 😊 So no photos could be taken inside unfortuately! It was very cool in there. We walked around all of the rooms on the ground floor but not the west wing. It was all very impressive. The walls were wallpapered with silk in some rooms!! I thought I saw Obama but unfortunately it was just a security guard lookalike!! We were in there for an hour or so and then took some photos just out of the chain where we were allowed!

We then headed to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum which was seriously impressive! All the devices were there that were actually used to fly to the moon and the earliest planes etc. Very cool!

Making our way back
2011-07-16 08.37.452011-07-16 08.37.452011-07-16 08.37.45

The whitehouse baby!
to the car and having to take the car back to where we picked it up we attempted to get back to Aberdeen! The GPS (Janice) was having a fit and kept trying to turn us round and send us back to Washington so it was a bit of a mission but we made it back before 5 and waited for David (Susans husband) who was driving from Jersey to pick us up. Naturally he got stuck in a traffic jam also cos of another accident and we waited for ages again but it was all good cos just him actually coming to get us was a lifesave!

We were shattered. Got pizza for dinner when we got back. It was medium and it was the BIGGEST pizza I have ever seen!!! And really yummy!! Caught up with family on skype etc and then hung out here for a while and headed to bed. Great few days filled with drama to keep the experience alive and pumping!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

P1030308P1030308
P1030308

the air and space smithsonian
P1030314P1030314
P1030314

the wright brothers at their house


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0806s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb