Ground Zero & Statue of Liberty


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 14th 2011
Published: April 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was our first sunny day. You could finally see the sky instead of the clouds and mist that covered it beforehand. We decided to go do some sightseeing aroud New York. First up was the Statue of Liberty. When we got there we where amazed at how long the queues where to see it. Everywhere you looked there was a massive queue. There would have been about 1000 people queued up to go to the island. So we decided to move on to the next thing and come back later.

On the way to Ground Zero we had a look at Wall Street which had alot of security guards. After having a look there for a few minutes we moved on to Ground Zero which I had been quite interested in seeing. We brought a little book which gave us information and some photos about what happened on September 9th. The Twin Towers where huge! There where tall buildings next to them that would have had quite a few floors and the Twin Towers where twice the size of them. Now on the site of the Twin Towers they are building 3 new World Trade Centers and 1 Freedom Tower. These new buildings are only going to be half the size of the Twin Towers.

Next up was the Brooklyn Bridge. The bridge was very busy with lots of people wanting to see it while it wasn't raining. The bridge was really old and i'm surprised it's still up.

We decided to have another go at the Statue of Liberty. There was still a big queue although it wasn't as bad as the one in the morning. We decided to take the Staten Island ferry which was free but it only went past the Statue of Liberty not onto the Island. But it still had a great view of the Statue of Liberty and we also got a view of Manhattan coming back.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb