Views of New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 16th 2011
Published: April 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our second sunny day so we made the most of checking out all the outside stuff. First up was the United Nations as was handy to the hotel. Olivia impressed us with her flag knowledge. We headed up 5th Avenue for more shopping (and more Forever 21), heading for the Guggenheim building which I was happy just to see the outside of. We had lunch in Central Park. Interesting to see all the school sports activities happening here – I guess they don’t have their own grounds. We also saw the Alice in Wonderland statue, Strawberry Fields, and lots of ratty looking squirrels.

After lunch we went to the Top of the Rock (observation deck above Rockefeller Centre). It was freezing, but the views were awesome. Was amazing to be able to see where we’d had lunch in central park. Then for contrast, we went to the top of the Empire State building after tea, for the night view. We had a huge wait at the 80th floor only to be told we’d need to climb the stairs for the last 6 floors. I was hoping the lifts would be fixed for our downward trip. But getting to the top we found out the delay was with some poor man who was getting CPR outside the lifts. It looked like he didn’t make it. It was even colder up here than top of the rock but luckily the view from inside was just as good.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



17th April 2011

World
The world, Great place to travel Keep on blogging! x
19th April 2011

sounds and looks awesome have a great time:)

Tot: 0.483s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.2065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb