Ready for our train ride


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
January 18th 2011
Published: February 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Woke up this morning to find there had been more snow overnight and it was still falling.

Today we start our overnight train journeys from New York to Dallas.
As we do not need to check out until 12.00, the packing got done this morning.
As we had bought quite a lot whilst here in New York, we now have 6 cases instead of the original 5, so a taxi it will be to Penn Station.

After packing, we nipped to the local deli for breakfast.
We managed to miss all the slidy bits, but George did end in a rather deep puddle that looked like ice from a distance.
Got to the station in plenty of time, and spent a few hours in the executive lounge relaxing.

On the train from New York to Chicago we are booked into a roomette. This is basically a small cabin with two chairs and a table that makes into bunk beds at night.
Very small but we are only in it from 3.45pm today to 10.30am tomorrow.
Had dinner on board that was very enjoyable.
No Wi-Fi on the train, but plenty of time to relax and catch up.
We had our own maid / valet in coach.
First part of the trip ran alongside the Hudson River. It was completely iced over.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.4kb