Farewell New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 22nd 2010
Published: October 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

New York - Part V

Well the last day is upon us, the day the troops leave us to return to the UK. We headed out to do the final Times Square shopping trip and then split off into separate routes (Suz and Jase - Apple Store), Jo Jo and Steve to see a long lost friend at work and Rich and I off to the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) but all met at McDonalds in Times Square first to either feel toilet or eat burgers (both very important). Rich had also visited a dinosaur at Toys R Us earlier in the day and seemed quite happy about it.

Rich and I moved through Moma not really feeling the modern art but more confused by the various TV’s flashing like in the movie ‘The Ring’ and the randomness of the artwork but the sculpture garden was worth a look as it contained the wishing tree and the goat.

I left a wish Yoko Ono's 'wish tree' and patted the goat on the way through.

The gift shop was far better than the museum by my account. We bought some funky glasses and a set of vases for our house.

At 5.15pm we saw Jase and Suz off and at 7pm we said goodbye to Jo Jo and Steve. Very sad but as with all good friends, you know that when you will see them again and it will always be just the same.

Not to be defeated and saddened by the departure of our friends we then headed out until 1am. Meandering around the city, doing some more shopping, hanging out and eating at Planet Hollywood in Times Square and checking out Grand Central Station.

Highlights of New York?
1) The first ever visit to Times Square - the wow factor
2) Hanging out with the troops in our New York Apartment
3) In an emotional kind of way - the world trade centre tour with Bill
4) Experiencing the city that never sleeps

Farewell New York. We will come back!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



26th October 2010

MOMA
Bummer you were underwhelmed by MOMA - we must've caught it on a good day
28th October 2010

Lucky you guys - NY looks awesome and sounds like lots of fun. Nic and I green with envy. Love from all the family :)

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb