Shop till you drop


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 21st 2010
Published: October 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

New York Part IV.

Today's Agenda: Shopping

We headed off down broadway, (which is close to our apartment) as it runs all the way into 5th Avenue and Macy's which we had seen when we went to the Empire State Building.

First stop, SuperDry. The boys were straight into it. I'm not sure the girls had seen shopping skills of this calibre. The boys were focused, determined and taking full advantage of their inability to multi-task and the generous pre-recession limits on their plastic.

We had decided to walk because it didn't look very far on the map. Unfortunately, thats the fundamental objective of a map, to be far smaller than the actual distance so there was a quite a bit of 'Are we there yet?' and 'I feel toilet' on the way.

On the way we passed the Flatron building, made famous by being in the Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movie, You've got Mail, SpiderMan & Godzilla.
Also significant for being the first steel and concrete skyscraper, in fact one of the first skyscrapers and the tallest in New York at the time.

Eventually, after many miles, a dunkin donuts pit stop, (A round of Boston Cremes), Jason being scolded by Suze for not buying her a Boston Creme, Jason only getting one bite of his Boston Creme, Suze confiscating said Boston Creme for afforementioned Donut offence, A Subway toilet stop 57 minutes later, and a few other misadventures, we arrived at 7th Ave/Fashion Ave.
First shop was AeroPostale, Cool clothes, really cheap, and additionally 2 for the price of one. Bargain!!
6 purchases later, Steve being the only one left out we moved onto Macy's, the largest department store in the world.
It was so big, it spanned a couple of blocks, which are quite big in New York. One block for mens, one for women.
For those that are interested, it was very much the 'store within a store' format with lots of pockets of different labels grouped in seperate areas.

A quick detour was made to the Skechers store and 4 pairs of shoes later (they must have seen us coming) we headed off back home to offload our many shopping bags and get ready for dinner.

As this was our 'last supper' supper together we decided to eat locally in Little Italy. Some of the boys were adventurous enough to try 'Wild Boar Lasagne' - Two Thumbs Up.

Another big day, our last full day together in New York. Slowly the feeling that the holiday is almost over for the UK based troops is dawning. Sad, but we have had a fantastic, albiet hetic time together.






Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



25th October 2010

Good to see you ordering well Bobe, that pizza looks awesome!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb