Livin' In Tha Ghetto (Penny)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 23rd 2010
Published: October 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to our sprawling new mansion in the heart of Manhattan's finest ghetto. We have thugs dealing drugs across the street amidst the heavenly tunes of badass gansta rap distorting the speakers in stolen BMWs. En route to the gym at 6am, I have to run as fast as my little legs can carry me through the scary streets in pitch black darkness. Every shadow hides a potential switchblade.

We scored a cute little apartment with ... (wait for it) ... an actual bedroom! We now have a door and a wall separating us from our living room. Oh, the sweet sweet pleasures of segregation and space. If only the walls weren't paper thin and we didn't share a communal bathroom vent with the neighbors. Too much information on a daily basis.

Surprisingly our new apartment came fully furnished with sheets and towels, yet minus a doona. As winter draws near we're dreading future nights dressed in layers of every item of clothing we own. Here's hoping our landlord cranks the heating soon.





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

And Here We Have ...And Here We Have ...
And Here We Have ...

.. the living room ahead and the bedroom to the right
BedroomBedroom
Bedroom

Notice the skinny little blanket to keep us snuggly and warm in the snow
Tiny KitchenTiny Kitchen
Tiny Kitchen

That's Bora Bora on the fridge ... and a map of Manly (our next home)!


25th October 2010

guys that place looks great!!! woohoo separate bedroom!!!! and Manly? that is MOST excellent, expect many visits from the Hull and I! xxx

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 96; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb