Empire State of Mind...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
May 21st 2010
Published: June 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

'In New York,
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
There's nothing you can't do,
Now you're in New York,
These streets will make you feel brand new,
The lights will inspire you,
Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York'


I've visited New York before but I didn't really get the real feel of being a New Yorker. Since I live in Toronto, New York for me is another city... or is it?

When a whole bunch of us re-visited New York, and this time we stayed right at the busy streets of Manhattan... this place is not just a big city... but just like the song of Jay-Z... it's a concrete jungle... filled people's hope and dreams to become big one day.

The best restaurants with the best known chefs are situated at New York... the best of the best top fashion designers are in New York.... the tallest and busy multi-million companies are in New York.... even the biggest pretzel I've ever seen so far is only found in New York...

It's name the 'big apple' gives this city its own personailty... its fresh with young people trying to fulfill their dreams of success....

As we walked and walked around Manhattan, we learned something... a piece of advice... do not drive... it's so busy, parking costs $50-$60 and there's a limit of how long you can park with that much money...

New York is not cheap at all... so a lot of people quickly learn the rules of walking and the subway stations.... It's confusing at first but well worth it...

We only stayed there for the long weekend, it's actually just a spontaneous decision that we made literally at the last minute (the night before we left Toronto for NYC).... I had a blast... and was very exhausted... obviously being in NYC we did a lot of shopping... sight seeing was the last thing on our minds since we went there to meet up with two other friends who are temporarily living there for school and to just experience the NYC life...

we went to a lot of good restos but very pricely...

Times square I think is the best part of NYC... this is the heart of the city... nevermind the business district or Boradway or Canal St. or even Soho.... Times Square is just one of a kind.... bright lights, full of marketing ads, they were even filming the Smurfs when we passed by... it was a mixture of amazing modern architecture, busy people, tourists, and entertainment...

After buying a pink hoodie sweater... I can truly say... I <3 NYC


Additional photos below
Photos: 95, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb