Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
June 10th 2010
Published: June 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our second morning in Manhattan was nowhere near as bright and sunny as the first. Grey clouds and cooler temperatures meant that our plans for a picnic in Central Park were dashed! Instead we took a walk down Fifth Avenue and looked longingly through the windows of Gucci, Mulberry, Prada and Saks (we are on a travellers budget unfortunately!). We also had a wander through Trump Tower (very impressive and luxurious) and got to Central Park just as the first drops of rain began to drop!

Being the brave and intrepid travellers that we are, we decided to carry on through Central Park anyway!! It was a lovely (and very long walk) and after all the noise and hustle of the city it was amazing how quiet and peaceful it was. We took a brief look at Strawberry Field and the Imagine tribute to John Lennon near to where he was killed by a crazed fan.

The rain was really coming down hard as we began to walk back down to Broadway to get in the queue at TKTS. This is a company that sell half price tickets to Broadway shows on a first come first serve basis on
Trump TowerTrump TowerTrump Tower

A random group posing for a photo outside the Trump Tower. Beautiful aren't they!
the day. We queued for an hour and got soaked but we still got tickets to our first choice... Mary Poppins!

After a very touristy lunch in Planet Hollywood we nipped home for a brief siesta, glass of wine, shower and we were ready for Broadway. A really, really wet Broadway!!

The show was fantastic, all the big songs were there and the changes made from the film were really fantastic. The guy who played Bert's accent was better than Dick Van Dyke's; Mary Poppins really did float away with her umbrella and all in all it was truly Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (Well apart from Michael Banks' accent which went from a bad Yank version of Cockney to slighty Welsh and back again!) But then again, he was only seven or so, so we will let him off!

I've managed to add photos from our first days in New York, so check them out. I will update todays adventures when I get the chance.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

USA vs EnglandUSA vs England
USA vs England

America's getting hyped for the big soccer ball match... awesome!
Central ParkCentral Park
Central Park

Who needs Karate Kid
ImagineImagine
Imagine

Tribute to John Lennon
Queuing in the rainQueuing in the rain
Queuing in the rain

It was worth it!
At The TheatreAt The Theatre
At The Theatre

Ah... young love!


11th June 2010

envious
sounds great, rain or no rain, its where you are that counts, I'm green with envy..!!!!

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb