New york


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 14th 2010
Published: April 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hardly slept but got up at half 8 and got ready for the Historic Harlem Tour. Was a 3 hour walking tour around Harlem and uptown Manhatten. Was very interesting and learnt alot about the history and got to see how to get around town and what its like. We saw a protest a very small one due to people not being hired. Saw the Yankee Stadium and the better end of Harlem and the Not so great part but we didn't walk round that bit. After the tour a few of us went to the Whole Foods store and bought some great lunch it was pick and mix salad, curries etc.Went back to the hostel to eat it and then headed to Central Park which is amazing truely amazing. You would never know you were in the city.Loved being there.We only walked a small area of the south and saw the Lake which is huge.I came back for a nap and then went on the Staten Island tour.

It was amazing we got the subway to Wall Street and looked around there and then down to the ferry. We saw a statue of a metal ball which is whats left of from the Twin Towers.Took the ferry across which ships 70,000 people a day to work. Saw the statue of Liberty on the ferry,which was great. Staten Island was amazing went and got dinner at a pizza shop. Ordered a slice which is a third of are large pizzas and ate 2 slices. Then we went to the beautiful War Memorial of all the people who died in the Twin Tower bombing. Then got the ferry back and the subway to Times Square which is a different world at night. I have never seen anything like it, it was beautiful and magically it made you feel so alive.

After spending time here a few of us stayed for a couple of drinks and got the subway back.We went to another bar but they wouldn't allow 2 of us to stay there as we were only 20 so we got pizza and then bed about 1.


Additional photos below
Photos: 99, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb