New York Part 1!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
December 3rd 2005
Published: December 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Home - NY


Toys R UsToys R UsToys R Us

the largest toys r us store in the world!!
Well after a few false starts hopefully this will be the beginning of my first proper journal entry. I arrived in NY without much hassle except for the immigration guy being very suspicious of why i wanted to travel back to the US and would i be trying to work while in Burlington. We landed in JFK around 12:30 on Monday and caught the bus into the city although we didnt realise how big JFK was and that the bus was going to stop at every terminal on the way out lol anyway we got to our hostel and left our stuff of then headed to get sumthin to eat of course only traditional American food wud do so we strolled around the corner and there was a subway, yep that will do!!
Went to bed around 6:30 that evening and didnt get up till liek7:30 the next morning, although that did mean we were on time square before most of the shops opened lol we were the first customers into toys R us well Amanda bought batteries for her camera so I guess we were customers. But of course we couldnt leave before getting a picture of amanda at Barbies castle!!
After that we walked up to 54th and picked up our city pass which gave us discount on different attractions in the city! We then headed to old navy and did some serious damage to the budget we were in there for over 3 hours the fitting room guy almost knew our names by the time we left the store !!
When we came out of old navy it was dark so we headed to the empire state building that building is class and the view from the top and night is breathtaking as was the force 9 gale that was blowing !! half of the observation level was closed for safety reason but that didnt stop a little old lady nearly getting blown over as she came out of the door, u had to laugh!!
We also went to macys and Saks 5th Ave. Were we stuck out like sore thumbs at one point we wandered a little too close to the cartier display and a man quickly asked us if were needed anything, we moved on quickly! We had another early night, circle line cruise around Manhattan tomorrow and Intrepid museum!


Advertisement



8th December 2005

Glad to here you`ve arrived at the first of many stops , will log in to here the adventures of the mottley crew . Be good and enjoy yourselfs

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb