[R] New York - Part 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
November 21st 2007
Published: November 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The final stop on our trip was New York. We said farewell to the UK early on the 21st of November, after a panic getting to the airport when our organised taxi didn’t turn up. We still made it on time though, and we had a relaxing flight to JFK. After manoeuvring the confusing subway with our luggage, we arrived at our hotel in Greenwich Village (lower central Manhattan) about lunchtime. Keen to see the city, we spent the afternoon looking around Macy’s (the biggest store in the world), Times Square, the Empire State building, and the Chrysler building. In the evening we had a traditional American dinner of McDonalds so we could see if the serving sizes really were as big as everyone says the are. We weren’t disappointed. After dinner we walked to Bryant Park, and warmed up with some hot chocolate while watching iceskaters on the “The Lake”.

The following day we walked around SoHo and Chinatown for a while then took the subway south to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge and look around the Twin Towers Site and the financial district. After lunch we went back uptown to peer longingly into the famous shops of 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue, walking around Central Park in between.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Cats on 5th AvenueCats on 5th Avenue
Cats on 5th Avenue

Apparently putting cute cats on the street counts as busking!


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb