Rats and Cheesecake


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 28th 2007
Published: November 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We got up today and went straight over to PS1. It is a GREAT space with very current shows. Its owned by the MOMA, but the shows there are with very contemporary and up and coming artists. It was really exciting to me and there were so many different exhibits we just kept walking and seeing new stuff. There was a lot of shocking stuff and a lot of conceptual art. Some of the wierd videos stood out in my mind, like a cat on the street eating a rat, or an insane man wearing vampire fangs who thinks he’s conducting an orchestra while he’s ranting in what looks like an abandoned lot full of trash.

Adam went with us to the exhibit and really enjoyed it too. Then Robyn and I took the train into Manhattan. We got a gyro and watched a Chinese parade for a while. Then we went and got a piece of cheesecake at my favorite place, D’Aiuto’s, near Penn Station.

We killed some time walking around the city and getting a coffee. It’s so nice to get in from the cold. Then we walked over to Rockefeller Center and saw a fat woman getting rolled off the ice on a stretcher and put into an ambulance. Who knows what happened? It’s NY!

Robyn made us a reservation at a really nice place called Blue Water Grill, west of Union Square. We celebrate our 5yr anniversary of being together there. The food was really amazing. Robyn got a mouthwatering Sea bass and I got a scrumptious Mahi mahi. Robyn was right about this place, BWG was one of the best restaurants I’ve ever been to.

We were both beat and so we went back to Adam’s for a quite night. NY can really take it out of you.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



19th November 2007

HAHA
i love your description of nyc. i love bwg.

Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0933s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb