Finishing Up the City Stuff


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
July 23rd 2005
Published: July 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello again,

As we near the end of our stay in Manhattan my access to internet may be limited so it's possible this will be my last entry until we get home. Our day yesterday was a full one and with the aid of ibuprofin and acetaminophen we made it through ok. Our meeting with Henry and Lynn and subsequent tour of Governor's Island was delightful. I discovered another part of this blog called galleries, so I put some of the pictures from this tour on it. We got back to Manhattan around 12:30 and got some lunch, then some italian ices, and said our goodbyes to our fellow Napkins. We did a little wandering around the tip of Manhattan seeing Fraunce's Tavern, Whitehall St, the South St Seaport, Fulton Market (I guess they took the fish out of the name) and by accident stumbled upon the Police Museum which is in the old 1st Precinct Bulding. That was a nice respite before continuing along the waterfront past the Seaport Museum shops and eventually winding up at the Fulton St Subway stop. We caught the 1 train allthe way back to 86th St and had a couple of hours to rest before Judy came by and joined for another rousing service at B'nai Jeshurun. It was there that realized that Jesse was beginning to come down with the same crud that has so far gotten to all the rest of us. He was achy and had a headache so we gave him some tylenol and put him to bed.
Come the morning it was clear that it was not going to pass so we started him on some antibiotics as well. He stayed in the apartment while Ben, Judy, Sue and I went for a walk in Riverside park and had lunch at the Boat House Cafe there at the Marina. We don't have any ambitious plans for the rest of the day or until tomorrow when we rent a car and head upstate. We'll try and get Jesse rested up while Sue and I go down and explore Zabar's. Tonight we'll hopfully go out for our last NY dinner with Judy and when we get the car we'll head for Tappan the Sue's aunt Ann's. The plan after that is to go up to the Kingston, Woodstock area and see where many fond summer memories were made. Tuesday will be our Cooperstown Day and depending on where we wind up that night, Wednesday is when we'll return to the city and head for the airport. If I get another chance I'll let you know how it all works out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The Police MuseumThe Police Museum
The Police Museum

The Old 1st Precinct
Old Police RadiosOld Police Radios
Old Police Radios

These don't look that old to me. I've worked on all of these
Travelling with Kids?Travelling with Kids?
Travelling with Kids?

See if they get restless, just put them on ice for awhile


25th July 2005

Looks like fun - you are missing the heat wave
I'm following all this fun stuff and sort of wishing I was in NY also! The Napa heat wave is in full force. Belle

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb