Day 8: Brooklyn markets


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Brooklyn
September 15th 2019
Published: September 15th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 Brooklyn



Today was our first full day in Brooklyn and our first full day with Caroline and Mike.



Another sluggish start (this jet lag seems to be dragging on a fraction).



Mike and I went on a coffee and pastry reconnaissance, which was partially successful, although a couple of the pana chocalate turned out to be plain croissants.



Around noon we left our Union St abode and headed towards the Williamsburg bridge on east River. We walked along many of the cool streets of Brooklyn. I found a brilliant latte and Bella found a book shop that carried new editions of two of her favourite book series.



We ended up at a new development on the riverside called Domino’s Park. They are redeveloping the old warehouses into new residential areas (Docklands style), with great view so Manhattan across the river.



We then made our way to the Brooklyn flea market (where Kym bought a very nice vintage 1970’s denim jacket) and the Smorgasburg where there were more street food stalls in one spot than you could possibly imagine. It was a
hard call between the pulled pork with slaw and chilli or the Japanese Fried chicken stall. The girls had some Oreo ice cream scrolls rolled on a cold plate.



We then had a few drinks and a pizza at a cool bar called Shelter. We made our way back to the subway station through some very cool retail streets ( a combination of chapel st and Brunswick st).



We made it back to union st about 7.30 after walking nearly 15kms and 20000 steps. A long day but a great day.



The day finished with Caroline demanding a cup of tea from Mike and Kym demanding a cup of tea from me! The location may change but some things stay the same (lol).


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

















Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb