Day 5 - NYC Cruise


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Hudson Valley » Hudson
April 17th 2012
Published: April 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

At 11.00 am went along with Nandhini to Subzi Mandi and then to Little Flower montessori School to pick up Sahana. Had a peep of classroom from outside. Fixed an appointment to take a tour of the classrooms at 3.30pm tomorrow..which is after school hours. Not allowed inside during school hours.

Had lunch of keerai kootu and omlette. Packed egg sandwiches for the bus tour. Nandhini dropped us at Metuchen station at 1.30pm on the way to Sahana's Ballet class. Walked from Penn Station at 7th avenue for quite a distance..down 5 blosks to 12th avenue to NYC Sightseeing Cruise. Was just on time for the last 4.00pm cruise. The cruise on the Hudson river lasted an hour..was okay.

After cruise had to walk back 5 blocks down 42nd street to catch the bus for the night tour. Walked around for sometime and took the 7.00pm bus for the night tour. The duration of night tour is 2 hours with no hop on and off option. The night tour was like the regular day tour, without the piercing sun, and we could look up and see how tall the buildings were. But, within an hour it stated getting very cold. had to hold on to the hood of my sweater to keep it from flying. Finally secured it with a big safety pin. The city lights were wonderful. Of course the last stop was at the awesome Times Square with all the flashing hoadings. Loved it except for the cold wind.

Again walked to the station. Next train was only at 9.30pm. after our one hour train journey reached Metuchen station at 10.25pm. Balaji came to pick us up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

CruiseCruise
Cruise

On the upper deck. Not much crowd. The few whites who were there wanted to sit in the sun outside the roofed area!!
007007
007

New York skyline from the cruise.
TitanicTitanic
Titanic

The water getting churned at the stern end.
010010
010

You can see the Empire State Building..tall building in the center.
011011
011

The bottom deck was practically empty. the refreshment stall walla packed up all the stuff as we were returning to the pier, and threw all the coffee decoction into the river, since this was the last trip for the day.
014014
014

Statue of Liberty in the background.
Biggest ButonBiggest Buton
Biggest Buton

Can you see the world's biggest button and needle? Wells Fargo is Viswam's bank.
017017
017

With Morgan Freeman outside Tussaud's!!
Believe it or notBelieve it or not
Believe it or not

Two headed goat in the ticket counter area of Ripley's Believe it or Not.
020020
020

In the night tour bus. R himself taking a photo of us together for the first time.
022022
022

In the night tour bus. In the background with lot of white lighting is the Freedom Tower being built in the same place as the Twin Towers and is going to be taller than the Twin Towers.
024024
024

Tried to capture the ad lights in Times Square with not much success.


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb