Hello Charlie :)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Buffalo
January 14th 2010
Published: January 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

MommyMommyMommy

Very excited about the prospect of single occupancy and getting to finally meet you!
Well, in typical fashion, nothing goes as planned. The house that we figured would be at the very least empty of contractors and such by November is still in progress, although very close to being done. And the baby that was due late Jan./early Feb., then Jan. 22nd, then Jan. 18th, then scheduled as a Caeserean section on January 11th decided that January 5th was a much better day. That might have had something to do with Mommy having the 7 hour stomach flu that morning. It's possible that he thought his 'host' body was tanking and it was best to get out of town rather than go down with the ship. In any event Mommy and Daddy left for the hospital at around 11 o clock while you stayed home to play with Granddad. I have no doubt that a good time was had by all and that many cookies were enjoyed. You, Lena, got to spend lots of time with your Grandparents and Aunt Elisa while Mommy and Charlie camped out in the hospital for a couple of days and Daddy came to visit.

Charles Joseph "Charlie" was born on January 5th 2010 at 2:38pm. Weighing in at
LaborLaborLabor

Mommy actually went into labor with you. You can see the little peaks on the bottom of the screen. Don't think I'll try that again though.
7lbs. 15.9oz. he is not as 'robust' as you were Lena-bear, but he's no lightweight either! Charlie, you got to meet all four of your grandparents as well as your Uncle Tim and Aunt Anne that afternoon. It was a busy day for you!

As for your name, you were almost named after one of the X-men, but Daddy panned that idea. I tried! Instead you are Joseph after a number of people. It was your Uncle Francis Mary's given middle name before he became a friar as well as the name of your maternal Great Grandfather and Great Great Grandfather. It also turns out that Great Granny Dottie had an uncle Charlie and an Uncle Joseph, one who was talented and wealthy and one who was very funny, so with any luck some of the good qualities of all those people will come with the name😊

It was an adventurous first week. Mommy and Daddy are learning quickly and with much help how to function with the two of you. Next week Mommy is going to start getting weaned of the Daddy backup a bit as he starts to get more of the work done on the
Ta-Da!Ta-Da!Ta-Da!

There you are, fresh, gooey and angry.
back of the house. Should be exciting and no doubt involve visits from more family and friends as we figure that out😊 For now you are both being awesome and we are very happy to still have a wonderful sleeper in Lena.

Charlie, following your first out of hospital visit to the pediatrician you were looking a bit yellow, so we went to have your bilirubin levels checked. That started an adventure that landed you and Mommy in Children's Hospital overnight on Tuesday to relax and take in some of the crazy blue lights. Not everyone in Buffalo gets to chill out in 93 degrees under lights wearing nothing but their underpants and a pair of goggles. Thankfully about 10-15 hours of roasting has the Jaundice on the run and you and I are home now with Lena and Daddy. Never a dull moment!

At this point we are all home enjoying each others company and visits from family and friends until Daddy heads back to work in early February. Then there will no doubt be even more adventures. With any luck we will be in the back room permanantly by then. Time will tell!

We love you both so much!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Granny and CharlieGranny and Charlie
Granny and Charlie

Relaxing back in the room
Granddad and CharlieGranddad and Charlie
Granddad and Charlie

Sleeping peacefully!
Hey...uh guys...Hey...uh guys...
Hey...uh guys...

I'm feelin' a little bit yellow....


15th January 2010

Beautiful Family Photos
Thank you for sharing the news and pictures of all of you.I especally loved seeing Lena with the baby, and realizing that she really is the big sister. What a wonderful time for all of you, and I wish you much happiness and joy. I'll be looking forward to meeting Charles, when I get back to Buffalo, till then I send Love to all
16th January 2010

Congrats
Hi to all involved in this project. Charlie is beautiful..I can't see the yellow...dress him in blue and you'll never see the yellow. Arent those bibirubin lights a hoot? We spent many a day under those charmers...don't you wonder how they sleep at all? Congrats to the big sister and to wonderful parents...may he be a good sleeper just like his big sister...love always..Mrs. D.
16th January 2010

Welcome to the world, Charlie! You must have some dominant Roaldi genes, as you arrived early. Such a thing is not possible when running on Watts' Time:) We can't wait to watch you grow via the magic of the internet, but Ben and I are willing to wrestle your Auntie Binky for the chance to meet you and your big sis in Boston in March. All our love Roaldis!!
19th January 2010

GRERATTTTTT SAT>
Had a great day Sat. with Lena & Charlie! Thanks for Blessing our family with such joy! See you Sat. Love Swaz

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb