Pre-Trip Paperwork


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Albany
March 7th 2009
Published: March 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Step 8 Once you have your fingerprints and the Statement of no criminal record these 2 documents must be legalized by your local Argentine Consulate. Which is, of course, all the way down in NYC. You decide to look on the webpage for info about legalizing these documents. You go to the consulate site, switch the language to English, click on legalization of documents and it ikeeps switching back to Spanish the text IS ONLY IN SPANISH. There is nothing clickable in English on this website about documents. ARG. VERY VERY FRUSTRATING. You speak Spanish pretty well, well enough to order lunch and/or take the bus but these are legal documents here. I don't understand a good percentage of it.

You guess you'll compose an email to the address provided asking them if they do legalize documents and what is the process. ie, do you need to go to the City or can you mail it? ARG.

You guess you'll try the phone number on Monday. Meanwhile it's back to the Police Station today to TRY AGAIN for fingerprints. The procedure is so simple--it takes two minutes-- dip all ten fingers in the ink one at a time place them on the card, that's it! You wanna say : Let me it! I'll do it! But you guess the officer has to do it (or somenthing) ...

So it's back to Step Fingerprints today. I'm bringing a book or two this time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb