Albany


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Albany
July 14th 2021
Published: July 20th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Albany - Part of road trip with https://www.heygo.com/aaronandpatrick?

One of the first things you notice about the city is its architecture.

The architecture of Albany, New York, embraces a variety of styles of from the early 18th century to the present. The city's roots date from the early 17th century and few buildings survive from that era or from the 18th and early 19th century.

Albany's initial architecture incorporated many Dutch influences, followed soon after by those of the English.

Over the past four centuries, Albany has grown from a small Dutch settlement into New York State's Capital City. The architecture was definitely a mix of modern with its stunning Empire State Plaza, and grand buildings like the Romanesque style city hall opened in 1883.

So many beautiful buildings to admire and true to form the history of each of them was so well narrated. The tour finished overlooking the Hudson River after walking across Hudson River Way which opened in 2002.

It has been great discovering new locations outside of New York City.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement










Tot: 0.461s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 16; qc: 27; dbt: 0.4115s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb