Bastille Day celebrations Villefranche


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 14th 2021
Published: July 18th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Villefranche - http://www.heygo.com

The Bay of Villefranche, reputed as one of the five most beautiful bays in the world, is embraced by the Cap of Nice to its west and Cap Ferrat to the east. The village of Villefranche sur Mer, perched on the bay, is located just over the hill from Nice (5 minutes away) and 10 minutes away from Monaco. The charming Old Town of Villefranche cascades down the hillside to the sea, and the bay’s sandy one-kilometer long beach offers great recreation throughout.

There are three levels of the village: the Old Town; the “Octoi” or the Basse Corniche level; and the “Col of Villefranche” or Moyenne Corniche level.



The Old Town is located along the waterfront and rises up the hillside. In the Old Town, you have most of the restaurants, cafes, shops, grocery stores, fruit stores, butcher, newspaper stand and some of the boulangeries and pharmacies. At one end of the Old Town is the train station. On the other end is the ancient marina called La Darse, that is still an active pleasure boat marina today.



For the Bastille firework display we had a good spot which
gave wonderful reflections of the display onto the sea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement






Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb