Chonchas Lake, New Mexico


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Tucumcari
April 1st 2013
Published: April 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

...its beautiful here, and we are the ONLY ones around!

3.31.13; Woke up alongside Route 40 and drove to Cadillac Ranch. SO MUCH FUN! We added our graffiti to the cars and felt like little kids! A little farther west and we drove on the "old Route 66"- saw an old gas station/pump and thought of you Steve! Then we made our way out to the middle of no where- Conchas Lake, New Mexico. We have no idea where we are headed sometimes- just following our trusty atlas (Thanks Jacks, its been a huge part of the trip).

Our campsite is beautiful, overlooking the lake which is a man made lake. We had enjoyed working out, running, biking, relaxing and of course - for Kona SWIMMING!!. Had a yummy Easter dinner- grilled chicken, broccoli and tomato over a bed of white rice and topped with a creamy pesto sauce! (really, we're camping!!)

There are cactus all around which Konas feet do not enjoy- she is getting used to her new shoes however looks like an old drunk walking in them!

4.1.13; Buckwheat pancakes, eggs and a workout! Perfect.

Signing off for now...time to explore some of the beaches around here.

Enjoy the pictures :-) S*


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



1st April 2013

Great updates
Love following your wandering trip. Going to hire Jordan to cook for our next trip. Who's taking pictures of you...Kona. Keep enjoying your adventure.

Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0857s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb