Unpacking, Repacking, Volunteering, Excercising


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Fe
June 16th 2013
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.6915, -105.937

Unpacking, Repacking, its what we do

Volunteer at the WildEarth Guardians Barbq

Seems that we just cannot stay away. Just got back to Santa Fe from three weeks in northern California and are ready to get back on the road. There are some fires burning near Santa Fe but the smoke is not as bad as we feared. We went to our exercise class and got some much needed stretching and a reminder that this is an important activity to do on a regular basis.
Did some necessary unpacking, clothes washing and repacking and cleaning of the camper before we got it loaded up and ready to go.

We had volunteered to help with WildEarth Guardians Barbeque. We arrived early so we were able to get a good parking space. Helped get things set out and decide what each of us was going to do. Robert was going to greet, sign in and point people in the right direction and Laura was going to cook the vegetable shish kebobs.

The turnout was great and the Vegan meetup group had planned a meetup around the event. The food was delicious but did not try the tofurkey hotdogs but people were really raving about them. Same for the vegan and vegetarian burgers. The green salad, pasta salad and I believe couscous and shish kebobs were delicious. Same goes for the cookies.

And as it has done for the last two cookouts, the rains came. Not a lot but enough to have to move things out of the rain.

BUT, we have been reading the Yellowstone Reports and there is a lot of activity going on with the wolves. We had also been told by a couple we have met wolf watching that coming in June is a great time to see all the young animals as well.

So, what was keeping us from heading up there? Well, nothing. So we packed and loaded up and headed out on Monday afternoon. We have learned from experience that it is better to break up the trip into two to three days depending on the what we feel like doing.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb