Day 3: Santa Fe


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Fe
August 6th 2012
Published: August 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We woke up in Santa Fe and spent the majority of the day taking pictures around The Plaza of various adobe buildings. While at the plaza, we visited the Loretta Chapel and the mysterious staircase. Apparently the guy who built it wandered into the chapel unannounced and offered to build the staircase. He built it in 6 months and then mysteriously disappeared, refusing payment in the process. We also visited a million little shops where New Mexicans were selling goods that they made. As Skelly sums it up, "I bought a necklace, you bought an eagle." Skelly bought a tourquoise necklace and I bought a little wooden eagle made by a Native American.



We left Santa Fe around 1pm and headed towards the destination I was most excited about, Sedona, AZ! When we crossed the Arizona border I mistakenly made the comment, "Arizona, you disappoint me. You're more flat that I thought you'd be." Well, obviously that was incorrect, because less than an hour later we had our noses pressed to the glass looking at all of the hills and amazing sites surrounding us.



We FINALLY arrived at our luxerious spa in the afternoon, and once we were inside we never wanted to leave. Why? Because it's absolutely amazing!!! The people were so nice and we felt like we were living the rich life; however we felt like we didn't belong there. As soon as we were given our room keys I said, "act normal, act like we belong here." It turn out that us not wanting to leave turned into us not leaving. We polished off a couple of drinks (this also included me eavesdropping on a couple of old ladies talking about the Kennedys), took a stroll around our beautiful spa, wrapped ourselves in our super warm robes, and then called it a night. Sedona is right around the corner!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb