Day 8: Sonoma, CA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Sonoma
August 10th 2012
Published: August 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Sabering champagne 19 secs
We started our morning off with a 10:00am APPOINTMENT for wine tasting in beautiful Sonoma, CA. Skelly's sister, Victoria, drove like a maniac to get us there in time for our appointment. I was soon to find out that she drives like a maniac all the time and I should always prepare myself for throwing up in the back seat!

Once we entered Sonoma, there were wineries as far as the eye could see! We were all staring out at all of the vineyards in awe. We made a quick trip to the Visitor's Center and then it was off to our wine-tasting appointment at Westwood Winery. The wine started flowing and 5 Pinoit Noirs and a glass of some hazelnut deliciousness later we were giggling and had no idea what was going on. We then walked to an amazing restaurant and of course ordered another drink! The owner of Westwood Winery was an extremely nice guy, not only giving us a free wine tasting but also buying us all lunch. Go for a wine tasting there if you're ever in Sonoma.

After wining and dining, we decided it was time to hit up another winery. Why not? Skelly and I opted for drinking in the view instead of the alcohol and just took pictures the entire time --there's only so much wine and dehydration one can take in a day! We were yawning like old ladies all the way to Grizzly Peak just in time for the sun to set....

En route to our first Vegan restaurant, Victoria put on a Bjork song which consists mainly of a cat meowing. So what did we do? Meowed all the way to the vegan restaurant. I personally learned that vegan isn't for me, but I think I knew that already. Give me a steak.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb