Santa Fe, New Mexico's Totnes.


Advertisement
Published: July 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


West of Amarillo the landscape changes dramatically. Up until now we've been driving through plains and corn fields. Suddenly out of the flatness, cliffs burst forth as you hit the continental divide. Mountains appear on the horizon and we ascend thousands of feet to the state capital of New Mexico, Santa Fe.

En route we stopped at the famous Cadillac ranch, to practice our graffiti skills (legitimately), followed an original alignment (although our car couldn't do the whole stretch) and went to an auto museum, where Ellie found a restored Camero she wants to buy. Also of importance was our stop at the half way point! Fortunately this ismarked by a cafe serving awesome pies :-)

Santa Fe itself is amazing. The architecture here is like something out of star wars, with all the buildings designed with a kind of smooth earthen rendering. Mostly there are jewellery shops (lucky Ellie) and art galleries. We dined in the nearest place we could find which was still open, a slightly dodgy Mediterranean chain, where we ended up having two starters (seriously, they eat weird here) and a main. Stuffed, we headed back to the motel for a well deserved sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Careful!Careful!
Careful!

Partly why we couldn't do the full distance on the original road.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb