Rest and Regroup


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Fe
October 27th 2017
Published: October 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

blog 10-27-17 Rest and Regroup

There was no plan for today so we could have spent the morning in bed but we got up about 7:15 and enjoyed a long cup of coffee then it was off to the laundromat here at the park to get our clothes clean.

It took a couple of trips but before long we were done and had lunch and a little nap. That is the way the day went, just being a bit lazy. The weather was cold with a brisk wind but the sun was shining brightly so it warmed the camper nicely. The temperature never got past 50 today.

Ginnie and I went to Walmart and got food and other necessities and the biggest prize was a new electric heater for the back half of the motorhome. There is one in the front but the back part gets really cold especially on these cold nights so Ginnie bought a new heater that will keep the other half nice and toasty.

There is a propane heater in the motorhome but it eats propane like crazy we have power at a campground we'll use there nickel.

Ginnie came back from a walk and asked me if I wanted to see some 10 day old dachshund puppies and I jumped at the chance. She had met a woman whose dog just game birth to 2 puppies and knew I would love to see them. The lady brought out a little crate the size of a cat carrier and put it on the picnic table and mom and 2 babies were in there. The mom weighted about 5 lbs and was black and tan with longer hair on her ears and paws. Her coat was not as long as Watson's but not short either and she was the cutest dog I ever saw. Her puppies were in the box and the lady brought them out and they were no bigger than my hand with their eyes just starting to open. One was white, grey and black, dappled, and the other was black and tan like her mom. What a treat to see them but Watson wasn't pleased to smell me.

We treated ourselves to dinner at Olive Garden tonight and both had terrific dinners. We were home by 7 and settled in for the night.

Tomorrow we go to Old Santa Fe where they are having a farmers market on the square and hopefully we can take an open air tram tour of the town.

I have included a few pictures of the campground and it's artwork. I'll take more tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb