Palomas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Deming
February 25th 2020
Published: February 26th 2020
Edit Blog Post

blog 02-25-20 Palomas

The horizon was red behind the mountains and the sky was a blue black, promising to be a beautiful day. I had to wait 2 hours before the sun was up and did it's magic, but it happened. It was warm against the camper for a little while until the wind started. This is definitely wind country.

Watson and I took a walk around the park til it was time to get ready for the outing of the day. Tuesdays the Ranch makes a trip to Mexico to do all kinds of things but the best part is the lunch at the Pink Store. Some people have dental work done in Palomas, some get their medications there, then there is always the barber and hair dresser.

We all meet in the Pink Store, picture, for lunch and drinks and of course, the Mariachi band. There was a free margarita waiting for us at the table with chips and salsa. Lynne and I had an order of guacamole while we enjoyed our second margarita then finally decided on lunch. The food was delicious, the music cheerful, and the company priceless.

After a little shopping we stumbled across the border and headed home. It is 30 miles to Palomas, Mexico from Deming and it took 30 min to get home. Watson was happy to see me although my neighbor brought her dog over during the day to play so he was entertained.

I walked Watson as it was getting dark and the beautiful sky was just begging for a picture. The temperature is supposed to be really low tonight, 27, so it's tuck in and break out the blankets.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1mb