San Antonio to Carlsbad, NM


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Carlsbad
October 28th 2015
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 32.4186, -104.229

We arrived in San Antonio after a quick hours drive. We checked in to our hotel and walked down to the Riverwalk. We walked around the Riverwalk and took a boat tour on the river. This place is really nice. It would be nice to have something like this in Sacramento.
On Tuesday morning, we got up and walked down to the Buckhorn Saloon and Texas Ranger Museum. The saloon has the largest collection of animal horns in the world. After that, we walked down to the Alamo. We looked around the park and went thru the Alamo. Another item off of the bucket list.
We stopped for lunch and headed back to our hotel. We decided to stop and visit the San Fernando Cathedral. It has the remains of the men who fought and died at the Alamo in a tomb.
We figured out that we were near the Spanish Governor's Palace, so we stopped in there. It was built in the late 1700's.
After that we went back to our hotel. We decided that we wanted to go to the Tower of the Americas, so we got a cab. We went up to the top
Teak carvingTeak carvingTeak carving

The owner of this piece of teak looked all over Thailand and found a person in a remote village to carve his design. It took the guy 1 1/2 years, 7 days a week, 10 hours a day to carve it. Its all one piece of teak!
and went to the observation deck. After that we went to the lounge for happy hour. The tower is 750 feet tall. Great views from the top. Then, back to the hotel. We walked down to the Riverwalk for dinner.
This morning we got up and left San Antonio for Carlsbad, NM. This was the longest drive of the trip so far. It was 450 miles.
So far, we have traveled thru Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico. There is a lot of desolate land out there. I haven't seen anything that would make me move from California.
Tomorrow, we are going to Carlsbad Caverns National Park. If we still have time, we will drive up to Roswell to visit the Alien Museum!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



29th October 2015

Are you sure the Buckhorn has the largest collection of horns "in the world" or is that just Texas ego...lolLoved the Riverwalk!Roswell is a cool and fun place!
29th October 2015

Loved the Riverwalk as well. San Antonio has a lot of history.

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb