Carlsbad to El Paso


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » El Paso
October 30th 2015
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 31.7592, -106.487

So, we got up and drove over to Carlsbad Caverns National Park. We took the ranger led tour and then we took the self guided tour. Carlsbad Caverns has one of the largest rooms in the world. It is large enough for 2 U.S. Capitols to fit inside. There are thousands of stalactites, stalagmites and columns in this cave. I have never seen so many in one cave. We had lunch at the visitor center. By the time we had finished with the cave, it was too late to make the 70 mile drive to the Roswell Museum. Too bad for us.
This morning we left Carlsbad and headed toward El Paso, TX. We stopped at Guadalupe Mountain National Park for a while. They had a lot of hiking trails that were way too long for us to take and still make it to El Paso.
We got to El Paso and decided to go to Fort Bliss. They have a museum there. We went thru it. It was about the history of the Old Ironsides, the first armored Division in the army. They had a lot of displays of military armor.
After that we went to our hotel for a rest. We did our last loads of laundry. Its great that the hotel had a laundry room there.
Tomorrow we go to the War Eagles Air Museum, then on to White Sands National Monument.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



31st October 2015

Wow the road to El Paso picture is awesome!!
31st October 2015

Caves....no thank you!Glad you had fun!
31st October 2015

Wow. These caves look amazing! Thanks for the pictures.
31st October 2015

Don't miss White Sands Missile Range, a must see!!!!!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb