Day 12, contiki day 6


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Albuquerque
December 18th 2012
Published: December 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

day 12, contiki day 6

bags to coach 7.45 am depart 8am

Today we travel from Cortez to Albuquerque, a long drive. however we have one very fun stop on the way. SNOW MOBILING. About an hour drive and we arrived at Durango Colorado, a small quant town. Another half hour drive and we arrived at the snow lodge. We were in the 2nd group of people to go so we had almost 2 hours to have breakfast and have a play in the snow before we had to leave. We all headed to starbucks for coffee and breakfast. Then Willy, our driver invited everyone outside for a friendly snow ball fight whick quickly became not so friendly. We all ganged up on Willy but he got his revenge on us all. It also ended on katherine faling over in the snow a couple times, and being thrown into a big pile of snow another time. I managed to get away with one slip over, right onto my bottom! 😞 however it was suprisingly not so hard and i recovered quickly! Before we knew it we were on the bus and it was our time for snow mobiling. After gettiong equiped with helmets and goggles we met in a group and were told how to use the snow mobiles. Next the instructor asked if anyone was scared or not sure how to ride, i straight away put my hand up along with two other girls, after they explained how to ride Marlee, Cheryle and Katherine all decided they were also scared and joined the 'learners' group! Our little group turned out to be one of the best, but we werent with out snaffoos! I managed to bog myself in a ditch of snow after trying to stay as far away from the edge of the mountain as possible. we also lost the last girl in the group for a good 5 minutes, but she caught up and all was well! The guide took us up a mountain at the top we were aloud about 15 minutes of free time where he marked out a course for us and we could go around as much as we wanted. this was where we really let loose and went as fast as we could, but too much fun is never good and before we knew it we were on our way back down the mountain. Our whole thing went for about anhour and a half, and it was amazing fun, we are so glad we did it, amazing, just amazing!! Then back on the bus and another 3 hours till our rest stop. it was 5pm when we finaly stoped and had a 20 minute break where we got a drink and a snack. Then back on the bus and an hour and a half till our destination of Albuquerque. along the way Monty made us play a song quiz where he played a few seconds of a song and we all had to guess what the song was. That took up a good 45 minutes so before we knew it we had arrived at our hotel, Best Western plus Rio Grand. We had an included dinner tonight, mexican style, not many people liked theirs but i had Enchalada's and i quite enjoyed mine. Then next door we all migrated to the bar where we had quite a few drinks. I along with a few other girls (plus russel, a guy who made the lame joke to introduce himself to us all, what do you call a man with no arms and not legs but a pile of leaves, ill let you work that one out!!) and we asked the bar tender to make us a few shots, shots in america are not like shots at home, they are literally the size of a standard drink. so 2 'shots' and 4 drinks later i decided to call it a night, even though we had all been invited to a room for some beer pong, bed was callling my name.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



19th December 2012

Go Russell!
Bahahaha! I like Russell already! Ask him what you call a man with a shovel Answer: Doug! Hope you're having fun, the snow mobiling looked like a blast! :)
20th December 2012

snow,snow,and more snow
I looks great fun I wish I was there. I hope you have seen snow fall as its great to be in it, keep up the good pics and blog great........... love mumxxoo
27th December 2012

Looks Great!
Hey girls that looks awesome, have some fun for us as well!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb