Day 11, contiki day 5


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Cortez
December 17th 2012
Published: December 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

day 11 contiki day 5

bags to coach 7.45, departure 8am. today we leave the Grand Canyon and head to Cortez Colorado. Our 1st rest stop a couple hours later was for lunch. i felt like something semi healthy so we got subway. the next stop another couple hours later was at Monument Valley. So pretty, we got a photo between the 2 'gloves' rocks shaped like cathing mitts. A couple minutes down the road we made a suprise stop at the spot where in the movie Forest Gump he stops running after 2 years. Our guide monty asked if anyone wanted to come off to get a photo so i was just about to get off to take the photo when everyone said they didnt want to, and we drove off. i was a little heart broken as that was one of the photos i was looking forward to, but oh well. plenty more things to look forward to. Next stop was our destination, Cortez Colorado. We made it in by 6.30 time to check in and get ready to go back to the bus for dinner at 7.30. We went to a small restuarant and the food was so so, then on the way home we stoped at walmart to stock up on winter gear as tomorrow we are going snow mobiling, so we need wet weather gear. we also got some Ben & Jerrys ice cream so when we got back to the hotel Lisa came over to our room, and we had some ice cream before bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1088s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb