Visit to shore


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey
July 15th 2007
Published: July 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Route to beach


The town of BelmarThe town of BelmarThe town of Belmar

A typical American seaside town
Route to beach Since my last entry, not much has happened!

There were 2 more bear's in camp, but i missed both..despite (on the first sighting) grabbing my camera and running full speed over there, to miss it by about 30 seconds!

The session 2 kids, who are 11-13 year olds, are brats! thats the only way to describe them!

One 13 year old girl asked a counsellor that if she were "to meet a guy at the water park (which we visit next week) could she hang out with him for the day and get him to give her a lift back to camp that night?"

What has the world come to!

We had our 24 hours off today, and last night, drove 2 hours down to South Jersey to stay at a counsellors house. We had chinesse food and stayed up half the night talking.

In the morning we hit the beach. Now this isn't the crappy piece of sand by a lake they call a beach..this was the USA shore line on the Atlantic Ocean..only a 3,500 mile swim from home.

We chilled on the beach, paddled in the freezing sea and had
Ready for the beachReady for the beachReady for the beach

Pat and the girls
pizza for lunch in a sea side cafe. It was so typcally american..check out the photos.

The only downside was the colour of my stomach and back this evening. It wasn't tanned brown, it wasn't even still white..which would have been better. It was tomato red, and I've used half the bottle of after sun on it...i'm in pain!

This weekend has been a weekend run by the CITs (counsellors in training, who are the 16 year olds)

They have had a pirate theme, with 4 groups (pirates of the med, pirates of the north, pirates of the carabiean and pirates of penzance) battling it out in capture the flag, dodgeball and manhunt games. We will find out the winner tomorrow evening.

Thats about it.
As today didn't include much picture taking, I have included some random pictures and photos of the camp, just so you can see what it looks like. (thats if i didn't bore you with the 1500 photos i had of it last year!)

the next entry will be after next weekend's hotel party!
bye bye for now



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The OceanThe Ocean
The Ocean

Close to home
Meghan, Pat, Me and ChelseaMeghan, Pat, Me and Chelsea
Meghan, Pat, Me and Chelsea

The end to a fun 36 hours.
Brian n MelissaBrian n Melissa
Brian n Melissa

Some random fun
????
??

No comment
ShoppingShopping
Shopping

The crew chilling in Walmart
Happy and his dear legHappy and his dear leg
Happy and his dear leg

Found under a girls cabin..fresh
Boys unitBoys unit
Boys unit

The cabins where the boys sleep


Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0919s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb