The 2014 Super Bowl in the NY-Metropolitan Area?!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey » Rutherford
March 30th 2010
Published: March 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The 2014 Super Bowl in the NY-Metropolitan Area?! I know it seems surprising that with two NFL teams in the area, the Meadowlands has yet to host the most important game in the football season. It seems that many fans are not willing to brave the cold but with the stunning, new Meadowlands Stadium even Roger Goodell (NFL Commissioner) thinks it sounds like a pretty good idea.

The NFL waived their strict weather requirements to accept the 2014 bid for the brand new open-air stadium that both the Jets and Giants will call home this fall. In addition to the appeal of the new stadium, the Giants and Jets are planning to release a study that says bringing the Super Bowl to New Jersey will bring in about $500 million into the local economy. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Super-Bowl-in-NYC-in-2014-?urn=nfl,229583)

With tremendous efforts in marketing, travel and tourism in the Meadowlands has seen a significant increase in the last couple of years. The Meadowlands Liberty Convention and Visitors Bureau in particular has focused on making travel to the region as simple and user-friendly as possible. Now booking hotel rooms, making restaurant reservations, and travel arrangements in the region can all be done on one site, www.stayingthemeadowlands.com.

Having a Superbowl with the potential for snow would certainly make for a very exciting championship game and NJ/NYC would be the perfect place to host such a fun and electrifying event! Please post your comments and support for the 2014 Superbowl in the Meadowlands on our Facebook page @ http://tinyurl.com/FacebookMLCVB


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb