Bowling, Party and Baseball game


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey » Rockaway
July 23rd 2007
Published: July 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sussex SkyhawksSussex SkyhawksSussex Skyhawks

The game gets underway
This was certainly a 36 hours to remember.

Session 2 kids left, thank goodness...and camp was tidy by 1 pm. Then after a nap and shower, we headed out in a convoy of cars for a 40min drive to a bowling alley.

The one game we had was amusing, with first time bowlers ending up on their back sides, throwing balls behind them, or not getting a score above 9!

We then went alcohol shopping. Well, the over 21s did, the under 21s went to the supermarket to buy nibbles and mixers.

The hotel was a Marriott with each room having a kitchenette and a very comfortable double bed. We had a great laugh, with a couple of people drunk after only an hour, so we made fun of them before getting drunk ourselves.

The party was eventful in other ways. Email me if you want to know...Mum and Dad, please don't make me tell you!

The next day, we went shopping at the mall. One of the girls Jeni, became my personal shopper..she did a good job. We then headed out to see a baseball game.

The local team (a triple A
Skylands ParkSkylands ParkSkylands Park

The home of the Sussex Skyhawks
team, which used to be known as minor league, or semi-professional) are called the Sussex Skyhawks. They were playing the 2nd game in a 3 game series against the Can-Am Greys. A team from canada...we had fun with the jokes.

Unfortunately the Greys won 5-2, but its the drinking and singing that make the 2 and 1/2 hours.

Also, after every innings, people get called on the field to play fun games and win prizes. Now, Brian and I got called up for, what we thought would be a dance competition infront of about 800 people..so i was getting 'warmed up' when we found out at the last second it was a maths and science quiz. Brian, a maths professor, gets asked what is the square root of 49, i get asked the chemical formula of water. So, pretty straight forward so far.

The tie breaker is the chemical symbol of salt...well, I lost that one. Where was Jeni when I needed her (who, by the way is about to do a PHD in organic chemistry at Yale, the USA version of Oxford).

The session 3 kids came today. So many familiar faces. But so many
Having a ballHaving a ballHaving a ball

Baseball games are fun..honest Pat
crazy kids.

Jeni, who was the girls unit leader, left today. She will be back in 3 weeks. Yes I miss her already. We have a new unit leader, Jess. She is really cool, and we got to know her at the party. Everyone else knows her already from there days as a camper.

No bears at the Unit meeting today, although someone pranked us with the call!

Thats about it.

Peace


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

7th inning strech7th inning strech
7th inning strech

taking time out for a photo
ChillingChilling
Chilling

Dave, Jeni and Me
Taking the fieldTaking the field
Taking the field

Me and Brian in the quiz


23rd July 2007

tell us all the dirt mark
whats the point of subscribing to your blog if you leave out all the juicy bits?

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb