Atlantic City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey » Atlantic City
November 9th 2010
Published: November 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On Saturday we were off to another adventure. The day was beautiful, so we thought a drive to the coast was in order. Although we don't plan to get to Atlantic City very often, we knew we needed to get there just once to see it while living on the east coast.

As we expected, the coast is beautiful. But as we got closer to the city, we realized the effects of sin on a culture. From billboards to humongous gambling halls and hotels it was obvious that the emphasis was on self indulgence. After a short drive and a short walk on the board walk we headed home.

Here are some observations:

1. Satan is a deceiver: behind every glamorous building were evidence of the ramifications of sin and it wasn't pretty (Gal. 6:7 - Be not deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows that he will also reap.)
2. As people, it is easy to be lured to sin by the promises and hope of riches (Prov. 11:28 - He who trusts in his riches will fall, But the righteous will flourish like foliage.)

BUT!! In spite of it, beyond all the glitz and glamor was the ocean. It's beauty was amazing, yet the thunder of it's wave reminded us of a God who could stretch out His hand and destroy it all. BUT! He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance and as we drove out of the city we prayed, as we passed several churches that the Lord would reach into the wicked city and save individual people.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.101s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb