Connetecut Lakes, New Hampshire


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Hampshire
October 30th 2009
Published: November 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Connecticut Lakes, Happy Corner, New Hampshire

After spending a good part of my life going over around or along the Connecticut River, New England’s longest river, I always wanted to see the lakes and wilderness above Pittsburg New Hampshire where the river begins. I also want to see and photograph a real live honest to goodness moose in the wild. The river begins in a series of three Connecticut Lakes called 1, 2, and 3. This is in the northern most part of New Hampshire way above the 45 parallel along the uppermost section of Route 3 at the Canadian border. Driving along this section of Route 3 for miles we see almost no cars and only a few trucks. This has to be an awful place for your car to breakdown. I don’t think AAA can help you here! You’re miles away from anything and there’s no cell service. All there is to see is lots and lots of trees and the only visible signs of commerce are hunting and fishing camps. Freshly hung signs at all the camps and lodges say “WELCOME HUNTERS” as next week the hunting season begins. We visit the three lakes and other wetland sights. We see dozens of “CAUTION MOOSE CROSSING” signs and look for moose everywhere we go but we never saw a moose even out of camera range. What a frustration. We’ll just have to return to the great north again hoping to get a picture of a moose.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb