The name is Bond...Bond Cliff.


Advertisement
Published: September 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I didn't want to make my first hike back east too easy... So my friend, Tom had this hike out in the White Mountains that he had been planning for twenty years or so. He pitched the idea of doing this hike before I started my new job as a public educator and suffering from a little mountain withdrawal, I said "sure, let's see what the White Mountains look like". I wasn't sure exactly what to expec... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 134, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




27th September 2008

Luke, you are a big boy!
hehehehehe ... whole box of stuffing + ramen ... That lends to our old-school breakfast status check. Man, can you pack it down! The hike + view sounds fun/beautiful. I'd check out that trail in a second. Awesome sweetness :)
29th September 2008

Nice.
Looks like an awesome trip, man. Thanks for posting the photos!
30th September 2008

Driven through the White Mountains many times, but never hiked around there. Sounds like an awesome trip! Especially the part about all the blueberries and the Ramen stuffing stuff . . . mmm . . . I shouldn't read your journal while I'm hungry. The "What's he looking at?" picture of Tom is great. It's epic, except he's cheesin a little too hard. :D He needs a more serious look and some armor.
21st February 2012

I did this hike and it is the most SPECTACULAR viewing spot in all of the white mountains.Anyway I did it twice and its the best.And please be careful.Pack like your expecting the worst weather.We were on the wilderness trail and my cousin was scoffing to me when I told him it gets cold at night.He brang a cheapo tent and a cheapo sleeping bag.The sun went down and the wind started roaring through the treetops above and then the temperature plummeted to the 30s and that was in august and we were on the wilderness trail not even near Mount Bond yet still 2200 feet below it!I gave him my coat when he scrambled into the tent the second night and taught him how to stay warm.This is a soulful and awesome hike.My cousin who is an atheist and bullheaded told me after we made it to the top and then left the next day that it was something wondrous and he would never forget this for the rest of his life.

Tot: 0.308s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 18; qc: 90; dbt: 0.1758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb