Enter the Brewfest!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Casco » Point Sebago
September 27th 2008
Published: October 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

The list of the Brewers!The list of the Brewers!The list of the Brewers!

Quite a list indeed. All local, all good.

Not even hurricane Kyle could stop the free flowing Brew at point Sebago!


So before I get on to telling this story, I would like to precede it with some helpful hints at attending ANY Brew Festival.

1. Always have a designated driver.

2. If you don't have one, make sure you have at least an hour per drink to sober up before heading back to your desitnation (Tons to do at Point Sebago, so that shouldn't be a problem).

3. Talk with people, see the vendors, chat it up with folks and share their Brew.

4. Make sure you have money for the local food vendors there are many good and salty treats to be had at these festivals that compliment brews very well.

5. Be prepared for the weather. If you're cold and damp you won't be having a good time!


So, every year it appears that Point Sebago hosts an annual Brew Festival and I just happened to get myself four passes to this rip roaring good time. It is a festival that has a bunch of arts and crafts vendors, local food vendors (from Grandy Oats, Summit Spring, Shipwreck Galley Salsa(listen to their ridiculous theme
Andrews BreweryAndrews BreweryAndrews Brewery

From Lincolnville Maine. This was my first Brew of the day.
song), and other Maine Made Products and of course micro-breweries. Lots and lots of micro-breweries, ranging from the nationally known Sam Adams to the local Skowhegan brewing company Old Pond Brewery. The list is large as you can see from the attached picture. Each pass included ten drink tickets and a commemorative beer glass. So my friend Adam and I went and definitely took our fill of different tasting beverages and snacks.

What did I do with the other two passes? Good question, I exchanged them in for the ten drink tickets and spread the happiness to who ever looked like they needed them! So I have attached some pictures of the festival, the weather, an icosahedron, and a small frog I found on my compost that morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

The CrowdThe Crowd
The Crowd

Everyone in this picture likes beer.
Peak OrganicPeak Organic
Peak Organic

Adam gets his Honey Wheat Ale from Peak Organic Brewery (which uses only organic Maine grown ingredients to make their brews).
Mr. Little FrogMr. Little Frog
Mr. Little Frog

Yep, this guy was just hanging out on the compost.
Drunk Dude Drunk Dude
Drunk Dude

Old Drunky McDrunkster himself. He was a very nice fellow with his Sam Adams hat and he was super nice enough to give Adam a free beer ticket!
I'm stuck in the middle.I'm stuck in the middle.
I'm stuck in the middle.

I wish I lived in this thing.
A mist over Sabbath DayA mist over Sabbath Day
A mist over Sabbath Day

Took this the morning of the festival, the weather was looking grim!
The LineThe Line
The Line

11am and people want into the tents.
Sebago LakeSebago Lake
Sebago Lake

After a day of Kyle pouring a couple of inches.
Woodchuck CiderWoodchuck Cider
Woodchuck Cider

Second Beverage of the day was from Woodchuck brewery in Vermont. Had a Granny Smith Apple Cider, tart and tasty!
The Food TentThe Food Tent
The Food Tent

Lots of local grub to be had!
Harpoon BreweryHarpoon Brewery
Harpoon Brewery

Out of Boston, makes a great apple cider!
Atlantic Brewing CompanyAtlantic Brewing Company
Atlantic Brewing Company

Hands down, I feel had the best "fruity" ale at the festival. Their blueberry ale is to die for. If you are ever in Bar Harbor, stop on by and grab one.
Long Trail Brewing CompanyLong Trail Brewing Company
Long Trail Brewing Company

Based out of Vermont had a tasty Blackberry Ale.
Pink ElephantPink Elephant
Pink Elephant

Had a delicious Raspberry Mead. It was good, but it was not like the Red Lodge mead I had in Montana.


2nd October 2008

Looks like a good day
Luke, even if I count only the beers you had on camera I am sure you were not the designated driver.
3rd October 2008

Where is that icosahedron? What a cute frog!

Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 96; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb