RIHLA #29


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada
May 20th 2012
Published: May 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Amnesty International's Website Summary

While I was looking at the Amnesty International's Website, I noticed there were a lot of world news articles, issues, campaigns, cases, victories, and research that this website is involved in across the world. The organization's vision is of a world in which every person enjoys all of the human rights stated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international human rights instruments in other countries. In pursuit of this vision, Amnesty International’s mission is to undertake research and action focused on preventing and ending grave abuses of these rights. It addresses governments, intergovernmental organizations, armed political groups, companies and other non-state actors. Amnesty International seeks to expose human rights abuses accurately, quickly and persistently. The article that I chose to read about is called "Women's Rights are Human Rights." This article is stating that women and girls often face gender-based discrimination that puts them at risk of poverty, violence, ill health, and a poor education. Their mission is that they are working with global and local locations to help combat violence against indigenous women in the USA and work to increase protection for refugee women and children around the world. This article relates to my findings about Human Rights because women should be treated equal and have the freedom to choose. One of the Human Rights stated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is that Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty. I believe that this human right is self explanitory. All women, regardless of religion, age, language, etc., should be treated equal without discrimination. Women are human too. We should respected, and valued just as much as the men are.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb