Sheep


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada
September 21st 2008
Published: September 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We settled in by Walker Lake at about 10:30. We walked along the beach and admired the millions of stars we could see on the moonless night. You could understand why someone named the Milky Way, as in the Appion Way meaning road, because the stars were so thick it looked like you could actually walk up and over the sky. We went to sleep with sound of coyotes singing.
In the morning, we woke to a silhouette of the mountaians against the eastern sky and the dark blue lake in front. We heard a flock of geese overhead and saw their V heading south. Pelicans and cormorants paddled peacefully by. Then there was a glorious sunrise. After breakfast, Rich took several hundred pictures and two were ok, so we headed on towards Dyer.

As we motored towards Hawthorne, we passed the sign that said, "Watch for Bighorn Sheep". We laughed at the sign, as usual and proceeded onward. In the past 26 years we have probably passes that sign over a hundred times, looked for sheep fruitlessly, and laughed as we drove on. Suddenly, Nancy saw something on the skyline and said, "There's a bighorn!!"
"Right," said Rich and kept on driving.

"Honest," Nancy said. "Turn around!"

With amazing tolerance and patience, Rich did as usual, and turned around per her request.

For results, see attached pictures.
After that we continued to Dyer and spent a great day visiting with Rich's mom and dad and helping out with some chores.
We fell asleep under those magnificent stars to sounds of three great-horned owls hooting in the nearby trees.


Advertisement



26th September 2008

invisible
That's because I couldn,t figure out how to do the pictures so I sent the blog out without it! AAAAAAAAAAh!

Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb