Day 7: on the road


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » North Las Vegas
January 28th 2015
Published: January 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 7

Check out of Ayres and have our last breakfast. Would definitely recommend this hotel to people needing accommodation for Disney.

Today we are driving to our 4th hotel in Las Vegas. We haven't been to Vegas since 2003 and I don't really remember it so I'm excited to go back. It's about a 5 hour drive through the desert. We stop off at Tanger Premium Outlets but they aren't as good as other Premium Outlets we have visited so don't stay long. We drive to Barstow and stop at Starbucks and McDonalds for something to eat and drink to break the journey up. It's too warm to be in the car so long.

We get to our hotel - MGM Signature Suites and check into Tower 1. We have a great view over the strip. Last time we were in Vegas we stayed in The Luxor which was a great hotel! We freshen up and walk out onto the strip. The hotels are so big it takes a while to get out past all the shops, restaurants and casino. We exit the hotel facing New York New York. We are still pretty tired from two days at Disney but you have to walk to get around in Vegas. Parking in the hotel is free which is useful. We are at the top end of the strip and want to go to Caesars Palace for dinner at the other end so trainers on and off we go. People are so glamourness and make such an effort in Las Vegas that I immediately regret my casual, dressed for comfort outfit. It's just about dinner time and it is still extremely warm. The hotel lights are starting to come on and it is easy to pick out the famous hotels we all know. There are plenty of photo opportunities along the strip and lots to stop and do in terms of shops and exploring hotels but we are so hungry we just want to get dinner and start our exploring tomorrow. The walk down takes about 40 minutes due to the strip being split up by pedestrian bridges to help people cross the road to both sides of the strip. Even if you wish to continue down one side of the strip you still have to climb stairs and use escalators to go up and come down these bridges which adds some time to your walk. Las Vegas is just as busy and vibrant as I expected and people just walk from hotel to hotel drinking cocktails from yards along the strip.

We know we want to eat in The Cheesecake Factory at Caesars but once we arrive the hotel is so large we have no idea where to go! We pass through the casino as all hotels are laid out to ensure and eventually find a host of expensive and luxurious shops and our restaurant. The queue is short and we are given a buzzer to allow us to explore whilst we wait. Just in front of the Cheesecake Factory is a large fountain where a show is put on often throughout the day. After dinner we are feeling more adventurous and walk around the shops in the hotel before making our way back for an early night to prepare for tomorrow. On our way back to MGM we stop outside the Bellagio for the infamous fountain show which attracts a large crowd and never disappoints.

The suite in the hotel is spectacular and I stand outside on the balcony drinking it all in. As the night draws on I can see the strip below changing with bigger crowds venturing out to the many clubs and casinos on offer. I wake a few times and each time wonder out to the balcony and see the strip is busier at night than during the day. Really is some place! The mountains in the distance disappear with the sunlight and the bright lights of the many hotels and cars below are all I can see. Despite the location there are no issues with noise in the room!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb