The Adventure Continues #5


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 8th 2009
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.175, -115.137

KaleeMEra,



Good Morning in greek. We should all learn something new every day. I loved Greece and have been remembering it fondly recently. I think it's the golden tan (or it could be the constant beer drinking) we're getting. Love the tan, hate the alligator skin I'm growing. Oh well, my skin is a small price to pay for this kind of entertainment.



Now for the UPS and the really really really sucky downs!



We have had a ball visiting with family and friends. Dave's mom is quite the character. Doris, who's 87, dances several times a week, still on the dating scene and getting her very first tatoo (when she finds the damn box she put the pattern in so she could find it). We enjoyed breakfast @ IHOP on Saturday with the grandkids, Josh, Jason, Ashley (Josh's girlfriend) and of course Mom. Now, you would think Mom would order from the Lite & Senior menu but nope - belgian waffle for her. Nobody said a word. Of course everyone had a few comments when Dave ordered from it. He took the ribbing well but I know he wanted to flip us all off but his Mom was there (the woman getting the tatoo???). After her waffle was delivered she noticed it didn't look like the picture on the menu.......duh, do they ever. Lessons learned: 1. When you put something away so you can find it, a refrigerator and a magnet work really well. 2. A full bed is not quite the right size for this more than average couple.....good thing I liked sleeping on top of the trailer in the backyard. 3. When the grandkids are coming, have something more than beer and bloody mary mix to offer them.........bad bad bad grandparents. 4. Don't rely on the grandpa or the grandkids to figure out who is supposed to call who when you get into town. You could be waiting for awhile.



HAPPY BELATED 4TH OF JULY. We spent our fourth among friends that have almost made me want to move and settle in Ontario. Dave & Judi are the frikken BOMB!!!!!!! Dave is the true laid back southern Cal dude (no pants only shorts - even to formal affairs). Judi had me laughing so hard I thought I would wet myself. She told her Dave we HAD to come to their house the 4th so they could be in the update. HEY JUDI, you made the update! We can't ever thank you, Dave and Noodles enough for the wonderful day. We spent the afternoon drinking, eating (where's my salsa recipe) and laughing our asses off. I have rarely met anyone who made me feel so comfortable and at home (Noodles knew a good thing when she homesteaded your garage). So comfortable, apparantly I kicked out of my levi's while sleeping on the couch which left some things really really exposed since I'm a commando kinda gal. My Dave said he should have had a camera (not if he wanted to live past 9 am). The fireworks from their front yard were phenomenal since the house sits less than a block from park. Judi said that was a special surprise when they rented it. They had no idea 4th of July VIP seating was part of the bargain. Lessons learned: 1. When you think you'll be sleeping @ a friends house, wear underwear or take pj's (especially on your first introduction, after that, your friends). A picture like that could keep you from running for office. 2. You never know what surprises your new home has hidden. Fireworks, homestead rights for the homeless or neighborhood kids who actually have manners. 3. Change your email address on your resume. Human resources insider tells me misskitty69 and blackstud4u are headed for the shredder....who knew!



Pics: http://oscarswildadventure.smugmug.com/gallery/8827133_fgK7L/1/584774567_uQaaL

sorry no captions for the fireworks.....oooh and awwww get old after typing them 20 times.



NOW FOR THE DOWNS - DON'T TELL PAULA/TQ -



We are coming back to town tomorrow, Wednesday, the 8th and wait for it...................in a truck...............pulling the trike on a trailer. It seems she has some form of a clutch issue (nice way to say she really really really didn't appreciate the ups and downs of the coast). STILL SMILING (until we run out of money....estimated Thursday, 9th). We started out this morning taking her to Skip Fordyce but they couldn't guarantee to even look at her today. Next plan of attack: Hire someone to load her up and carry her back (unfeasable for overnight transport). Next plan of attack: 26 foot truck to load both the trike and trailer in. Lift gate not wide enough. Okay, we'll find a loading dock we can drive straight into the truck. Way toooo frikken hard to figure out where to find a loading dock even with my computer skills. Next plan of attack: Finally the winner rises to the top: A mini box truck with a utility trailer. Lessons learned: 1. Beware of labeling someone Trailer Queen........you never know when you have to eat your words. TK & TP are on the way back. 2. No problem is too great that it can't solved when you are in a sheer panic sitting in a motel room.



C U ALL Tomorrow!



Love to one and all,



Debbie & Dave


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb