Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 9th 2016
Published: October 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Europe in AmericaEurope in AmericaEurope in America

Feels like home
Sunday October 9, 2016 - We woke up at 5:30am and started what would be the next 26 hours or so of our lives. A train to Zurich, a short flight to Amsterdam, a long flight (where I had time to catch up on three weeks worth of tv shows) to Seattle, where we had a long layover and some Qdoba, a shortish flight to Las Vegas and then a long wait for a short shuttle ride to the Las Vegas strip. We arrived around 10pm on Sunday night, which is 7am Basel time. Sleep was pretty imminent.

Monday brought breakfast at the casino next door - kind of gross - and a reunion with my first college roommate and long time friend Steph. We spent the day walking the strip, between the malls and casinos, catching up and checking out the unreality of the scene before us. Such a weird place. I also got to try on the new clothes and running shoes I had sent to Steph's place, and Jeroen bought a new pair of running shoes*.

We had burgers for lunch and found ourselves not hungry for dinner. A reasonably early sleep for our jetlagged selves brought an end to the day.



*Spoiler alert - we did not run once on this trip.*


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb