Touring USA, Canada, Caribbean & Mexico 2015 - Renewing our Vows with Elvis at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
March 15th 2015
Published: March 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We had planned to Renew Our Wedding Vows for some time so why not have a Tacky Elvis Wedding whilst in Vegas ! So we booked into viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapels for the big event.

The Wedding Chapels all seem to be out of town a bit and the area looked a bit dodgy with a motel opposite called “Sin City” & a Tattoo Parlor!!
Despite that the staff were professional and poor things had to deal with the Bridezilla of the prior Ceremony appointment. Meanwhile I chatted to two girls who had chosen the Do Wop Diner and had dressed in 1950’s red and black outfits to suit the décor. They told me that although same sex marriage was legal in L.A. they had chosen to come to Las Vegas for their nuptials. I watched their video It was really sweet and great fun.
Our Renewal of Vows ceremony was in the Main Chapel so I had Elvis walk me down the aisle and 'give me away'. He was very good and stayed in character throughout the entire time. He recited the Love poem by Elizabeth Browning and had us express our Vows using lyrics from Elvis songs. The Grand Finale was bopping along to him singing “Viva Las Vegas” It was a fun event. We enjoyed it. The video is available for the next 90 days online.
In the foyer were many photos of well known celebrities who had been to the chapel and these included Angelina Jolie, as a guest not a bride 😊
After the Ceremony they even put our 'name up in lights' So that is a new claim to fame LOL


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Angelina JolieAngelina Jolie
Angelina Jolie

Even Angelina has been to Viva Las Vegas Chapel


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb