Exhibits, a Magician and the Bright Lights of Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 30th 2013
Published: September 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A busy Thursday despite the fact that we did not actually set foot outside of the Luxor! Our day began with the Titanic - The Artifact Exhibition (very fascinating and so well set up including the reproduction of the grand staircase from the ill fated ship) and then we moved onto Bodies - The Exhibition (an amazingly different way to look at ourselves from the inside!) We bought tickets for the evening show Criss Angel - BeLIEve, a magician and illusionist (who certainly made you question what you were seeing before you! Very entertaining indeed!)

Friday was our last full day in Vegas so we spent it exploring the rest of the Strip. We began at The Bellagio (breath taking conservatory with a current theme of Fall with the most amazing sized pumpkins I have ever seen, the biggest weighing almost 400kgs!), then over to Caesar's Palace (the attention to detail in these places is just fabulous), past The Mirage (with its awesome lake, waterfalls and volcano) and then a quick look at Treasure Island (very cool pirate ships out the front.)

We next had a bit of a wander around The Fashion Show (4 floors of shopping mall) before heading to The Venetian (so much wow factor with its canals complete with gondala's and singing gondaliers!). A visit to It's Sugar (a lolly store like you've never seen before!) completed our day on the Strip. An evening at The Fun Dungeon arcade over at The Excalibur and a view of the bright lights of Vegas as we made our way back to the Luxor. A quick game or two on the slot machines for Bradley (with winnings of $0.20!!) and our Vegas experience drew to an end. Although we have enjoyed our time here we are certainly looking forward to the natural wonders that await us as our trip progresses into Arizona, the Grand Canyon State.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1013.9kb