Joshua Tree and Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 24th 2012
Published: October 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Vegas seemed too far to drive in one day, so we stopped around Joshua Tree for the evening. After being in that backseat for a few hours, it was quite a relief to be out of the car and walk around the park for a bit. Joshua Tree was really cool, really with just Dr. Seuss-looking trees and funky rock formations. Even though this was the point on the trip when the car began to smell like pee, it was still a fun time. We opted to stay in a scary motel for the night instead of camp, because with four people, it would have been way too crowded and we wouldn’t have been able to use our air mattresses. The motel was just a little, smelly truck stop in reality, but we got free coffee and ice from the convenient store across the street. It’s the little things, eh. So what I had an allergic reaction to the sheets? I guess Dandy was right to sleep atop his own blanket rather than risking being itchy as hell the next day. We checked out of the motel only about 10 minutes late... a personal best for us probably, and began the trek into Nevada.

Since what happens in Vegas allegedly stays in Vegas, here’s some brief highlights. Dandy bought a coffee maker for our room (which was awesome because it was like $589,384 for one cup of Starbucks coffee anywhere on the strip), we heard the Titanic song played to the Bellagio fountains (which was hilarious because one of the fountain spouts wasn’t working properly and was going in all different directions from his friends), and across the street from our hotel was a sketchy bar that served a ¼ pound hot dog and a beer for $2.50. Das it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb