Day 12 - Vegas continued...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 11th 2012
Published: September 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Had to go back to the buffet breakfast again this morning so the kids could eat Vegas style. Same quantity consumed as the day before, only this time the ice cream cones were not available so breakfast was concluded with a bowl of snow freeze instead! Good grief!
Being our last day in Vegas we spent it wandering the Strip and had a blast. Found a Coke shop that sold all types of Coke paraphernalia imaginable (kids had a field day) and an M&M shop where the kids also went nuts. First rain to hit Vegas in maybe 12 months then arrived, and boy did it pour. Vegas is not designed to cope with that kind of deluge and the strip quickly became flooded. Rain only lasted a couple of hours fortunately, and we were able to still move around without getting too wet (apart from our shoes). An amazing contrast to the heat of the last few days, and in some respects a welcome relief. We ate an early dinner, and then returned to our Hotel for a swim, and some blogging time. Heading off to Grand Canyon tomorrow, where there is no internet access, so won't be posting again until we get to Lake Havasu the day after.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



12th September 2012
UploadedFile20

Great highlights
Hi brett, good to see you are having a great time in america, when i was young....

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb