Day 6 - Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
January 28th 2012
Published: January 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After another quick trip to the Farmers Market for breakfast and some shopping, we headed back to the hotel to pack up and start our next leg, in Las Vegas.

Got to the airport and realised that due to it being a domestic flight, Lauren's luggage was over the allowed limit, so we had to re-pack and guess who was left to carry around half a suitcase in his back pack... That's right, the kind but stupid Dave!

As we took off out of LA we didn't realise we'd be back so soon, after 15 minutes in the air, we were told that there was a problem with the plane and we would be turning back to LA. We were due to arrive at 4pm in Vegas and were still sitting at LAX at 4.30pm.

Luckily, we were informed that there were a few seats available on the 5.10pm Vegas flight, otherwise we'd be waiting until 6.30pm. We used our charm and we were back in the air. As soon as you step off the plane, you are greeted with poker machines in the airport, amazing.

Arrived at the hotel which was a short taxi ride from the airport and no more boutique hotels anymore. The Cosmopolitan is enormous, it's hard to explain how big it actually is because we don't really know, I think we will have time to see 1/4 of it all.

We finally reached the front desk and yes 4 from 4. Our honeymoon was mentioned in the booking and we were offered a suite on one of the top levels. It did cost us an extra $100 a night but we discovered that these rooms are normally more than $1000 a night. The room was on one of the top levels with a great view of the strip and was easily bigger than our apartment, possibly almost double the size. It has everything, we are finiding it hard to leave the room.

We decided to head down the strip at about 9pm, I had met an American girl at the tennis last week through a workmate and she gave me the number of a guy who would help us out in Vegas. We contacted him and he told us to go to Lavo which is in the Palazzo Hotel. It was down the other end so a good walk but worth it. Along the way we watched the water fountain show at the Belaggio and just had a general look around.

One thing about Vegas is that wherever you go, there are people handing out cards to get you to pay for Escorts or go to strip clubs. Even when you are walking down the street holding the hand of your wife, they will still keep offering. The street is packed with people so I guess it is fairly safe however half of them are drunk and the other half are strange.

We made it to Lavo and the place was really good, we started downstairs to eat and lounge seating was hard to find, that was until one couple stood up and Loz was in there like a flash. For all we know they could have just been standing up to stretch their legs but bad luck.

Food was great and drinks were going down too easily, we then went to head upstairs but the queue was out the door, we didn't bother. The girls partying in Vegas have the motto less is more when it comes to their outfits and the guys, whether young, old, married or single aren't afraid to stare. Including one married guy sitting next to me who kept saying to his mate "look at the tits on that" as each girl walked past.

Back to the hotel and basically fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow. Was a big day and a few more big days to come, we're not here for too long so we'll be fitting in a fair bit. We've decided to do the Grand Canyon flight tomorrow before we leave, and today is shopping at the outlets. I also need some time to try and win back everything we spend, they say everyone is finds some luck in Vegas, let's hope ours isn't all bad.

No photos today but will add some more with the next post. Hope everyone is well, enjoy your Monday!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb