Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 13th 2011
Published: September 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

My first impression of driving into Vegas was WOW. This is really a visually amazing city. You drive down the strip an all you see is Egypt,New York and then Paris.

I booked into the Imperial Plaza which is fairly well located in the Strip. I dallied a bit on my way to Las Vegas so I got there pretty late. I was fairly tired from all the walking at the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam so I basically got some food and collapsed on my bed.
Tuesday I set out fairly early walking down the strip. And you would not believe this but the day that I decide to go to Vegas it rained cats and dogs. Suffice it to say Vegas is not setup for Rain. All the walkways are out in the open so it was a fairly wet business.

I went all the way to the Mandalay Casino. I swung back to MGM where I did the CSI experience and a TV Screening.

The CSI Experience was pretty cool there are 3 "Cases" you need to figure out. Then you see the crime scene and go to the lab trying to figure out who what why etc. My Case was this guy found in the desert with a gun shot to the head. So you get to do the Bullet Analysis and then look at hair fibers. You also get to look at DNA.

The Television screening was one of those panels where they show you a new TV show and you get to give them feedback.
The thing I saw was a sitcom called Two Broke Girls. Don't hold you breath it is pretty crappy.

It was around 18:00 when I left that. And Had a proper Las Vegas Buffet. $15 for fairly ok food. Nothing spectacular but good value for Money.

I went the the Bar at the Entrance. Big noisy and pricey.

After all that I decided to hit the hay.

I have to say that I am not that keen on Las Vegas. I am glad I went but I have Vegas out of my system now. It is a sleazy place. You come out of your room and all you see are sad people gambling you walk out on to the strip and every 20 meters there is some dude trying to give you details on getting some hookers. This one guy even wanted a Tip for arranging a particularly good looking girl. Vegas is way to busy for me. And I have never liked Casino's.
Wednesday I got up had breakfast and checked out.
I went to the Las Vages Outlet Mall. Bought some stuff and headed out.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Las Vegas Micro Brew.Las Vegas Micro Brew.
Las Vegas Micro Brew.

I had one and it was Sinfully drinkable.
Water Flooding the parking garage where I stayedWater Flooding the parking garage where I stayed
Water Flooding the parking garage where I stayed

Once again can you believe that Las Vegas city in the Desert had flooding. Global Warming my !@#$


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb