Las Vegas..........The good the bad and the very ugly................Day 5


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 30th 2011
Published: April 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 9th December 2007. The Dreaded Day 5.



The day started really well. We met up in our room, where G relayed a story from last night.
He had gone up to the room after a drink or two in the Bellagio Casino and was feeling a little frisky and a bit boisterous. He walked to the door and gave a couple of long hard stares up and down the corridor outside his room. After checking the coast was clear he thought he would give P a good laugh and probably a bit of a shock, and dropped his trousers and skids and stood there in all his glory. He knocked the door and waited to deliver his surprise. P opened the door in a sleepy state and turned back to the bed without so much of glimpse at G’s credentials. He followed in behind with his gear round his ankles, like a convict in chains and got ready for bed as usual. I don’t think he realised that all the hallways are continually monitored by CCTV. I hope the cameramen had a good laugh……….

Set up for a good day we headed off to the Wynn to cash
Roomy's Wheels!Roomy's Wheels!Roomy's Wheels!

Nuff said!!
in the buffet points we had won the day before.
I had been told on this forum that the buffet’s I had tried before (Flamingo & Excalibur) were not very good, even though I was happy with them. After a couple of minutes of walking into the Wynn buffet, I understood why. This was like an Aladdin’s cave of speciality grub. Wow, I was like a kid in a sweetshop. We paid a couple of $$ extra each to upgrade our normal bog standard buffets to the full all singing all dancing Champagne jobbies. It would have been rude not to! There started a food fest like no other. I think I enjoyed about 10 courses……..
First up was the cold Seafood area. I tried 5 different dishes, with the Squid being particularly memorable. Of course all sampled with a glass of Champers in hand.
Then I had a fish selection with the Teriyaki Mahi Mahi standing out amongst the other very good dishes. Taken with Champers.
Onto Chinese including some little dumpling things, veg spring rolls and some wonderful Orange Chicken. This was pretty spicy and I made the mistake of devouring a large Red Chilli I found amongst my meat. I only cried for about 5 minutes and after 2 glasses of water and a glass of Champers the fire was finally out and soldiered onto the next course.
Then came some meat. I tried the Prime Rib and a fantastic piece of Steak, washed down with Champers.
Returned to the Chinese for some more of that Chicken. I don’t like to be beaten by any food, so I thought I’d have some more to show it who’s boss. Took some more water………
Back for more Ribs x 4 and after a quick scan of the Mexican selection, I secured an Enchilada.
Next some glazed Ham and a bit more Steak and a glass of Champers.
Now it was time for breakfast. I just love the US style crispy Bacon so I had a few rashers with my favourite Eggs Benedict. This was probably the best Benedict I had enjoyed anywhere……….in the world………………..ever!!
Time for Pud. Freshly made Waffles and Pancakes topped with Maple Syrup and Coconut Ice cream. Absolutely gorgeous.
I was getting a bit full by now but realised I hadn’t had any cake. There was some lovely Cheesecake. Strawberry, my favourite, I just had to squeeze it in……..with a drop more Champers.
That finished me off and in a lot of pain the guys guided me out to the taxi rank for a ride down to Mandalay Bay to see the Sharks. I was fairly pleased that the Wynn had probably made a loss that day due to the amount of food we tucked away that morning. If not then we had at least got our monies worth from the Red cards.

On arrival at the Reef, it quickly became obvious that Bilbo was struggling. The Vegas foot had really taken hold and there was no way she would be able to do the 45 minutes of so of walking that was required to see the whole exhibit.
So I hatched a cunning plan.
At this point I feel I must say that neither I nor my holiday companions think it is funny to ridicule disabled people in any way.
But picture the scene when my plan was hatched and there sat Bilbo, as red as a Beetroot, waiting for me to push her round Shark reef in the Wheelchair where she now sat. If you have not been round there yourself, let me tell you there are a lot of downhill slopes in that place and as I picked up speed being dragged along behind Bilbo on the first series of slopes, you could smell burning rubber from my trainers and hear tears of laughter from the others.
To us, it was just a means of transport for poor old Bilbo so she could enjoy the attraction but others obviously though that Bilbo was actually disabled.
G was left crying and gasping for breath when I wheeled Bilbo close to a large tank for a closer look. A couple of kids pushed in front and their mother chastised them loudly by saying, “Get back from that poor lady, and give her room to breath. You can look when she’s gone” I did my best to stifle my titters but didn’t make a good job.
Further round the corner, the path really slopes down and I was struggling to hold on. I jokingly told Bilbo to put her hand brake on as she was fine from the waist up. Of course this was overheard by a man who now had a horrified look on his face that I could speak so rudely to this apparently disabled guest.
I know it was wrong but it wasn’t intended for anyone else’s ears.
We did however highlight a problem when we got to the Ray petting area. Bilbo, being restricted to her wheels, could not actually reach over the small wall that surrounded the water that held the Rays. I pointed this out to the Ray monitor and he said he would report it to the management. So hopefully, if we ever return, there will be a lowered area for low level Ray petting purposes for people of restricted movement.
To be honest, we were amazed how ignorant a lot of people were to Bilbo in her chair. Some of them pushed in front of her to get a better look at the fish and many didn’t move when we tried to pass. It was a real eye opener for us all and a first for Bilbo. She’s always the life and soul of any party and is not used to being ignored………….

Taxi for 5 back to the Shire, sorry I mean the Bellagio. As we wandered around deciding where we were going Kaz caught a glimpse of one of her hero’s. She pointed over to an escalator with her chin on the floor and said “Look it’s him”
“Who?” says I.
“The bloke off the telly. My favourite” She was so dumbstruck by spotting her “favourite” she couldn’t even remember his name.
It was Justin Lee Collins. For anyone who doesn’t know, he’s a very funny TV presenter in the UK who pairs up with comedian Alan Carr for the Friday Night Project.
He is a Bristolian legend in his own lifetime as far as Kaz and I are concerned. I said, “Hello Mate” and held out a hand which he was more than happy to shake. We had a quick chat about the boxing and his good seats, and then he kindly posed with Kaz for a photo. Though due to bad light and a mass of hair on both heads, it was very difficult to see which one was which when we studied the picture……………

Kaz and Bilbo decided a rest in the room was the best bet for them while P & G were drawn by P’s onboard laser guiding system to big WOF at Bill’s and I finally got to play some Poker over at the Flamingo. I shouldn’t have bothered as my $100 buy in only lasted about 40 minutes as I struggled to get a hand. When I got one, I was called by a fishing wench who had already brought in for $500 such was her atrocious ability to make a decent call. She finally took my last $40 all in gamble by calling with her bottom pair of 3’s against my two pairs K’s & 7’s. Hitting her A on the river she took me out with two bigger pairs and I decided to leave the table before I insulted someone…………….

Was ready early tonight as the 3 girlies were going to see the world famous lisping Canadian Sealion Dying in here final week in Vegas. They had to pick up their tickets so we arrived ahead of time. Made arrangements where to meet post show and left them to it.
G & I sought some Roulette therapy. I bought in for $100 and G decided to watch for a while. After 30 mins or so I was out of $1 chips but G’s top pocket had acted as the bank and was now bulging with $175 worth of chips. I should have quit there really but I was looking for a game I had not yet tried while in Vegas.
Blackjack to me is much like snap. Yes there is a basic strategy to follow and I know enough about it to make informed decisions. But it just doesn’t have the same buzz as poker for me. Anyway, after 2 laps of the Casino floor it became apparent there was no $10 minimum BJ to be had at Caesars. So, against my better judgement, I had to play $25 minimum. During the 2 tours I noticed an area full of “Pussycat Dolls” so decided if I was going to lose my money anywhere I might as well lose it there…………….right guys?
I was doing ok, wining and losing then the dealer hit BJ 4 times in a row and it was time to go with G’s top pocket as empty as when we arrived.

We made our way to the arranged meeting point of Cleopatra’s Barge.
I had up to this point had a Corona at the Roulette table and another at the BJ table.
I ordered a Whisky and Diet Coke, I think G had something similar and sat at the bar watching the world go by.

Then things went decidedly downhill…………….

I can only assume that an undesirable I spoke to at the bar, wanted to relieve me of the cash she spotted in my wallet. I went to the loo and when I returned I finished the drink I had left on the bar. I ordered my second and at this point the Girls returned from the show.
I was already starting to feel very weird. Suddenly it was as if I had drunk a whole bottle of Whisky in ten minutes and was starting to feel incredibly wobbly and a bit nauseous. Then I started to get muscle spasms and was experiencing mild hallucinations. I was being verbally aggressive to the family, which is something I would NOT do! Kaz realised there was something wrong and as I wandered off she followed and spotted a man from the bar following me. She took my wallet from me and from here I have no real recollection of what happened for the rest of the night.
Kaz has told me that I was crying and very confused. She managed to guide me back to our room in the Bellagio. I continued to shake, sweat, hallucinate and jerk with the muscle spasms for a couple more hours until kaz decided to call down to security for help. They came to the room and asked a few questions. Although I could sometimes hear them talking to me I could not string any words together to form any kind of answer. It wasn’t long before they called Paramedics. When they arrived I was worse, complaining that my hands had swelled to massive proportions (hallucinations) and I was shaking like the leaves on a tree. They tried to take my blood pressure but when they put the inflatable cuff around my arm, I panicked, fearing I was being attacked and ripped it off. Same with the heart monitor stickers, I just ripped them all off. They decided I had to go to hospital. When they tried to strap me down to the trolley, I just pulled the straps off and lashed out at anyone within range. They tried to dress me but I wouldn’t let anything go over my head. So off we went, with me bolt upright on the trolley, in my pants, with one arm in a sleeve of my jumper, out through the Bellagio service elevator into the freezing Vegas night. It was really cold out but I was burning up. I have no recollection of the journey, the arrival at the ER or any of my time at the ER really. Kaz told me I fought with everyone and didn’t want anyone to touch me. They eventually managed to take some blood which only showed high levels of alcohol. Remember I had only had 2 Beers and 2 Whiskeys in Caesars. They wanted a urine test but I was in no fit state to operate that part of my anatomy. Soon it became necessary to sedate me as I was becoming more distressed. Apparently the Big Red Bin in the corner was giving me great cause for concern!
They knocked me out at about 02:00 thus ending any chance of finding what drug had found its way into me as the sedative would mask the signs of any anything that I may have been spiked with.

At 05:30 Kaz was told there was nothing more they could do for me, so as soon as I was awake we could go. She gave me a swift dig to the ribs and told me to wake up. The poor girl had spent the night sitting in a plastic chair listening to me talk rubbish and watching me while I eventually slept, so was in no mood to hang around.
I’m told the Bellagio security people came and picked us up but I have no recollection of the journey back or getting to the room, or even seeing Ricky Hatton walk past us as we entered the Bellagio and he came out.

I was pretty much asleep in the room before my head hit the pillow…………………..






Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb